Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brett, my little night owl

Last night was another difficult night. Little Brett is sick AND teething. Enough said.
But even in my zombie-like sleepless state, I found him quite endearing last night – after I got him out of his crib at 11 p.m. to calm down the crying, and after he threw up on me. (I know ... gross.) He wouldn't go back in his bed without tears, so I sat with him in the living room in the dark. He babbled as if it was the middle of the day. We were still sitting there when Manuel came home from work at midnight. I decided to just let him play until he got sleepy. He was so sweet playing and babbling on the floor in the middle of the night. I just watched him play through tired eyes and thought, "This too shall pass."
But hopefully it won't pass too soon.

No comments: